Thursday, August 23, 2007

In the beginning was the word...

I never know how to start something like this... I'm not one for sharing my innermost thoughts with anyone and everyone, so why did I start this blog? I recently started a new career track, Project Management - maybe that accounts for it!

The wonderful world of Project Management! I've been heading in this direction for a while and now that I'm here, I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing! My organization has been great - they've sent me on training courses, are providing me with on-the-job training, and are easing me into my new duties slowly but surely... but I can't help thinking "am I missing something?". It could just be my newly-developed OCD, but I keep thinking they're paying me too much for the amount of work I'm churning out right now!

I'm spending my days reading about the various and sundry PM methodologies and trying to envision their use in our organization... A few of my favorites so far (in no particular order):

  • Agile (yes, i know this covers a gamut of methodologies, but I like the overall feeling)
  • Rational Unified Process
  • Critical Chain Management
  • BRUF (Big Requirements Up Front) with Charrettes
But how to use them in our organization and business unit...?

No comments:

Post a Comment